PROPERTY SECTOR CAN CONTINUE DURING SECOND LOCKDOWN
The Government has announced that The Public Health Regulations which apply to the second lockdown in England, mean that activities relating to the sector are allowed to continue under Exceptions to leaving home:
The Regulations state that individuals may leave their home to undertake any of the following activities in connection with the purchase, sale, letting or rental of a residential property:
(i) visiting estate or letting agents, developer sales offices or show homes;
(ii) viewing residential properties to look for a property to buy or to rent;
(iii) preparing a residential property to move in;
(iv) moving house;
(v) visiting a residential property to undertake any activities required for the rental or
sale of that property.
Following this announcement, we are pleased to confirm that we will continue to help people move house during Lockdown. The safety and well-being of our clients and staff remain our main focus and we will continue to follow the Government Guidance (last updated on 29th August 2020) which can be found here
Providing our services safely
We are very conscious that we are by no means operating in ‘normal’ circumstances and as such we have adapted our procedures to follow the Government guidance. Social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures are in place to protect our clients, our staff and our community.
We will continue to carry out viewings and our measures to minimise risk include:
- We will only carry out viewings for those buyers who have viewed our virtual viewings on line and who are in a position to purchase
- Viewings are to be restricted to two people who are from the same household only
- We will not conduct open houses or block viewings
- We will follow strict social distancing measures
- All parties are to use hand sanitiser before entering a property and must not touch anything within the property
- All parties are to wear face masks and any other PPE as appropriate
- We ask that properties are prepared for viewings by leaving doors open, lights on and cleaned before and after each visit
- Viewings will only be permitted for a maximum of 15 minutes
Market Appraisals (Valuations)
- We will establish whether it is necessary for us to physically visit your property and if preferred we can arrange a virtual appointment or you can provide us with photographs and/or videos of your property
- On physical appointments, we will follow the government guidance and maintain social distancing and sanitising measures
- All staff will wear PPE and we would ask that potential clients also wear appropriate PPE
- We are operating an appointment only system and all clients and visitors are encouraged to communicate with us either by telephone or email
- Where possible staff continue to work from home
- Social distancing measures and signage have been implemented and increased sanitising facilities are available
NB - All customers, contractors and other visitors will be asked a Covid-19 questionnaire before visiting a property or our office.
NB – The above measures may change in line with any updated Government Guidance.
Please get in touch and we can explain further how we can assist you!
Stay safe and healthy.