The following advice is for tenants of Heritage Estate Agency Ltd: Managed Properties Only
- If a repair issue arises you must report it to us as soon as possible in writing. You can do this by e-mailing your issue to firstname.lastname@example.org or sending them by post to: Heritage Estate Agency Ltd, 87-91 High Street, Birmingham B14 7BH
- If your issue is urgent we would also advise you to contact our repairs department by calling 0121 443 5900 and selecting option 2 and then option 1.
- Your issue will be picked up and dealt with as soon as possible and you will be contacted by a member of staff.
- Please be aware that unless your repair issue is an emergency, we may need to obtain authorisation from your landlord before any action can be taken. You will be kept informed of the progress of your issue.
- If an emergency is reported to us this will be dealt with as quickly as possible and will be a priority.
- If you smell gas – the first thing you should do is call The National Grid free on - 0800 111 999. You can also visit their website for more information at www2.nationalgrid.com/uk/. They may attend the property to confirm whether there is a gas leak and disconnect the gas if necessary. You must bring the issue to our attention as soon as possible so that a gas engineer can be instructed to visit the property and rectify any fault before restoring the gas supply.
- Loss of electricity supply – call Western Power Distributions free on - 0800 6783 105 or visit their website at www.westernpower.co.uk. They will advise if there is a loss of supply in the area or if it is a problem with your specific property only. You must bring the issue to our attention as soon as possible and any necessary action will be taken.
- If there is a severe leak then please ensure you turn off the water supply at the stopcock, the location of this will be detailed on your inventory but is usually near the kitchen sink.
- If there is an electrical fault and a socket or fitting is smoking/burning then please turn off the electric at the consumer unit (fuse board) there should be a visible main switch.
Out of office hours emergencies:
Initially you should report any issues to us by email to email@example.com. If this email is not being monitored you will receive an auto-reply with alternative contact details and instructions. Alternatively call the office on 0121 443 5900 and select lettings and then repairs, there will be an answerphone message providing further instructions. There will be a telephone and an email contact that is monitored twice daily during Bank Holidays.
If you should need to report an issue that requires immediate attention, please contact one of the relevant contractors below. Please note this action should only be taken if the issue is a genuine and immediate emergency.
If you have a plumbing emergency such as a heavy water leak or no heating in winter months and you have young children, please call one of our approved contractors (details below). You must also make sure that you contact us and inform us of the issue and any action that you have taken.
- Swift Emergency Plumber - 07866 745 190
If you have an electrical emergency such as loss of supply and it is confirmed that it is an issue with your individual property and not the local area, please call our approved contractors DM Electrical Contractors and speak to Dave High - DM Electrical Contractors on 07456 587 135. You must also make sure that you contact us and inform us of the issue and any action that you have taken.
If you have a general emergency such as a heavy leak or a smashed window, please contact our approved contractor (details below). You must also make sure that you contact us and inform us of the issue and any action that you have taken.
- LJP Developments - 07768 598 712
If an emergency locksmith is required, please contact:
- Lockfit Bham South Ltd – 07368508936
If you are unable to make contact with any of our recommended emergency contractors, tenants are expected to use their discretion and locate an alternative appropriate contractor if necessary.
IMPORTANT NOTE – THE ABOVE OUT OF HOURS EMERGENCY ACTION MUST ONLY BE TAKEN IN GENUINE CASES. IF IT IS CONSIDERED THAT THE ACTION TAKEN WAS UNREASONABLE, NOT NECESSARY OR THE REPAIR ISSUE WAS NOT AN EMERGENCY, YOU MAY BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR COSTS INVOLVED.